Hybrid View

Default what lens for a d90?

hello, this is my first post on here:-)

I am moving up from a LX3 camera and looking into getting a digital slr. I am getting marriedin october and am getting one of my freinds to be the photographer for me, ( he is quite experienced)
    My thought is i am going to buy the camera, lenses, flash etc etc and he will use the kit duringthe day. I do have a budget but it is not set in stone.... the choices i have made so far are based on using for the wedding but allso for holidays, landscape, wildlife etc etc.

Nikon d90 + 18-55mm vr

Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 ex dc hsm lens

Nikon 70-300mm f4-5.6g af-s vr if-ed lens

Would anyone say this choice is a good idea? or are those lenses completly wrong? If anyone can recomend swapping any of them for any othger lens?

Thanks!

hi . I would also look at ether a 35mm or a 50mm. They are fast lenses which may come in handy on your big day good luck... graham

cool, would you replace one of the ones i said for a 35or 50mm?

Hi. I would maybe change the 18_ 55mm for the 50mm . That said a 18 55mm is a good lens to have in your bag...graham

Images

Hi with weddings I would look at having 24-70 or 24-105 f2 type lens plus a flash plan on bad weather dont get caught out with it

Hi The nikon 24- 70 is a great lens but costs over 1000. At the moment i don't think nikon do a 24 105,you would need to look at 3rd party lenses..