Images

Smile DSLR help needed

Hi, i am looking into getting back into photography after many years absence, i had a practika mtl50 as a child, and it arrived back at my home a month back which has sparked my interest back into photography, i need some help in what would be the best dslr to get, i need something which i can upgrade with decent lenses at some point, a good starter pack, any ideas??

hi minty
    it comes down to how much you want to spend
    jessops do some great starter deals

Images

yes budget comes into it what do you shoot and where do you want to go. and does it feel right

Images

money is really not an issue, i was hoping to spend about 1k to set myself up with camera spare lens bag cleaning stuff and maybe a tripod, what about a Nikon 5D?

My advice is look at the lenses compare say Nikon and Canon lenses look at the lens reviews.
    Bodies come and go but if you invest in lenses they can last a long time. I wanted a particular nikon lens so bought into Nikon, if Canon had had a better lens I would have gone canon,
    Since then I have changed my Nikon body twice but still love that lens.
    So think lenses is the way to go imho.
    Enjoy looking I did and there are some great review sites out there.

Images

cheers
    think i am going to go with the nikon d5000, there is a good deal in jessops, but need to check online to ensure i get the best,
    thanks for your help

That is the body I have now, it's very verstile and will do anything you want. A good all round camera, there are better as far as movies go but thats of no interest to me.
    You may have to tweek the in camera settings to get the out of the camera results you want, unless you post process with Photo Shop like me .
    Best wishes.

Hi Minty. Whoever you approach to buy your camera, don't forget to haggle. Shops will be desperate for sales as money gets tighter for the consumers, I find it works well, especially if you make it clear that if they won't play, then you are happy to go elsewhere, there are plenty of retailers out there looking for your business.