Images

Red face Newbie...be nice :)

Hello there,

My name is Kaz, I live in Gloucester and im very into my photography!

Ive recently started attending craft fairs, which were ok, i did sell a couple of photos and cards but nothing major. Ive also recently set up my first website...please take a look and let me know what you think...

www.puddlejumperphotography.co.uk

I own a Sony A200 DSLR with numerous lenses and i almost always carry everything with me all the time lol

Nice to meet you all!

Hay there Kaz... just had a look at your new site .. its wonderful with some smashing shots in there.....welcome to the site ..
    I am also new to the this site altho like you i have been into photography for many years....
    Best wishes Barbara

Images

Hi Kaz. Just had a look at your great site. I particularly liked your black and white work... graham

Images

Thank you everyone for your kind replies

Barbara...thank you, my website was just a one off but im so proud of it that im keeping it on, plus i managed to sell some of my work from it too

Graham, also thank you i do love working in Black & White....we are going to Isle of Wight & Italy this year so im hoping to get some stunning photos

Images

After all my hard work going out to craft fairs and then setting up my website to sell my photos...i have just found out that in 2 weeks time my photos will go onto the wall of a permanant craft shop

Im so happy that someone finally sees what good photos i can take lol

Sorry i just wanted to share with some like minded people

Hi Kaz. Looked at your gallery and you have some great images there. It takes dedication and effort to be out there in all conditions and you certainly demonstrated that you have it. Keep it up, it's worth it!!

Hi Kaz,
    Welcome to the website. You've got some nice work on your site, but if I may make a constructive criticism, its that they are spoiled by the watermarking, which makes it difficult to appreciate the images fully.
    I know that image theft is an issue but at the sizes you've got them on your website they're too small to be publishable in print - unless as a stamp!
    I suppose someone could steal them and use them on another website, but its not as if by watermarking your pictures they'll contact you to pay for them instead, they'll just go elsewhere.
    So all you are gaining from the watermarking is the security that no-one else can steal them, but you're diminishing the pleasure of them by doing so. I'd equate it to having a beautiful sports car but never driving it for fear that you might have an accident, or someone will steal it when you pop into Tesco!
    If you look at other portfolios online, including places like flickr you'll see most of it isn't watermarked like this. Sure, people might steal them, but that's one of the occupational hazards of using the internet. There are so many pictures online that the chances that it's yours that will be stolen are very low, and if they are, it will be by people who would never have paid for them anyway.
    Just my point of view, of course.

Images

Thank you for your comments...of course i dont mind critism...however the watermarking problem isnt an option to change...this website offers all or no watermarking so i went for all just incase lol

My photos are now in the craft shop & selling well