Thread: My BAD photo

Default My BAD photo

Why would someone leave a "bad " gray star on somebodys photograph, wish they would have left their name then maybe I could ask why thay thought it was bad....Anyway i have deleted the pic so you won't have to see it again...
    Barbara

Images

Hi I totally agree with you. Why not put it back on and vote yourself 3 stars... graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi I totally agree with you. Why not put it back on and vote yourself 3 stars... graham
    Thanks for taking the time to comment Graham....
    best wishes Barbara

don't let 1 persons vote discourage you, I have had plenty of bad star ratings, don't forget, not everyone has the same taste, one person may not like it but others may, as graham_c said, stick it back up and we can all have a look and provide you with some feedback.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by barbaraL View Post
    Why would someone leave a "bad " gray star on somebodys photograph, wish they would have left their name then maybe I could ask why thay thought it was bad....Anyway i have deleted the pic so you won't have to see it again...
    Barbara
    Hi Barbara, just read your comments on 'bad' star, I agree with you it would be helpful to know why. Don't let one person get to you, I deleted pictures for the same reason as you....silly me! travelbug

hi barbara
    ive just taken a look at your photos
    nice shots you have taken.Like a few of us here i have grey stars with out any name but they did have a name before but i think the person that left the bad ratings as now gone from this forum as is name is not showing so i would stick your photo back up and not worrie about it
    As syn3rgy put one person may not like it but others may now i took a random shot of my next doors cat playing in the grass the iso setting was high at 1600 the day before i took better photos and yet the one with the higher iso as had more views on my flickr account then the better ones shot at iso of 100 so that tells me it don't all ways have to be perfect for some one to like it

so hope you pop it back up

russ

Images

Default favourites

Hi. The best way i find to praise a photo [ rather than giving them stars which i still do ] on the site, is to put it on to my favourites. I have between 4 and 6 on mine and i didn't take any of them...graham

Images

im new to this site so not sure what you mean by "grey stars" but i wouldnt delete any of my photos just because one person didnt like it...shame they didnt have the guts to mention why they thought it was bad and even leave a few pointers...incase it was something you could change to make it better.

Like someone else mentions we all have different tastes in what we think is a good and bad photo...i think the photos on my website are brilliant but there are people out there that think its just someone snapping at anything therefore they dont like it but i dont care lol and neither should you

It's a pity we can't just have a 'Like' button like Facebook, or a 'Favourite' button like Flickr, rather than have a negative one too. I'll get someone to look into the code to see if its possible. It'll take a while though!

Hi, I wish I had a penny for every bad photo I ever took over 50 years. Just looked at your images and they show plenty of talent, I don't think you have much to worry about except to take no heed of the losers who are unkind. Please develop a thick skin with photography, I did and take no note of such meaningless criticism.
    I fell in love with the pic of the Springer Spaniel, I have one of my own, but all your pics are really good, keep it up.