Images

Default New lens for Birthday and to get MOJO back

Hi Guys and Gals thinking of getting a new lens for my birthday mainly for trying out some portrait shots, also to try and get my MOJO back with regards to photography.

The first lens on my list and with not having hug amounts of cash about, is the Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8 (being very cheap on eBay with second-hand around the 80 mark for a Sony), I have read very mixed reviews on this lens, so hoping one or two of you may have had some experience with it. Have also looked at flickr and some of the images taken on it appear very nice, some just average and some poor, so not really much help there this time.

The other lens I was thinking of is the Samyang 8mm f/3.5 this lens would be for the fun and unusual image, with a price of 180 new sounds very interesting and does have some nice reviews.

May I thank you all in advance for your time, input and advice on these two lenses!

Happy snapping Aidy

Images

hi aidsy1 .Just looked at the samyang review. Looks good to me ... graham

Images

A 50mm prime would be the best value for portrait shots and it's good to be limited by a prime lens. That said, I reckon the 8mm would be great fun, a little unpredictable, and would inspire you to use it a lot.

Images

cheers Guys

How about a macro lens? Could open up a whole new world of photo opportunities all around you.

Images

Cheers there but have already got the Tamron 90mm macro along with a set of extension tubes and 1.4 teleconverter, think I have narrowed it down to either the 50mm f1.8 Sony or 35mm f1.8 Sony for portrait and maybe high resolution panoramas.
    Many thanks for your impute.
    Happy snapping Aidy