Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images

I agree with aidys1. I am also with flicker and have had nothing but positive criticism from all.
    When it comes to gra.ferrari what is the point in giving yourself a grading. Isn't this for others to determine?...graham

Images

With regard graham_c concerns over the multiple posting of images on the competitions above the max limit. You can be guaranteed that any entrant not following the rules (including that one) will have to be disqualified.

Also we do have a clause in our rules against misuse of the rating system:

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/for...les_guidelines

(clause 10). So we might politely bring this to the attention of anyone posting repeat negative ratings without feedback, and eventually will take action if they continue. You’re correct, that it doesn't add anything to foster a community of useful feedback.
    Karen

Images

Smile

Thanks all, good to just get the point of constructive, helpful criticism refreshed. If anyone would like a critical look at their photography, post a link here

Images

Default feel free

Quote Originally Posted by BenEvansPhotography View Post
    Thanks all, good to just get the point of constructive, helpful criticism refreshed. If anyone would like a critical look at their photography, post a link here

Feel free to pull any of my images apart either here or on my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30703198@N07/

Dont have much spare time as late so not very active on the photo front.

Happy snapping Aidy

Images

Default feel free

Hi. Fell free to peruse my photos on here or my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/54504488@N08/ . graham

Hi Graham, maybe gra doesn't know what plum duff really is, the dog in pic sure looks plumb tired but not a food item. As for the bad rating of others pics, this only serves to put off some aspiring person who wants to improve as we all do. It's no use rating a pic as poor without saying why. Not everybody has a cast iron sensitivity and it's those I feel for as they could be hurt at the callousness of others. So I say to those like gra, BE NICE, I bet you want folk to be nice to you. Pleasantness doesn't cost anything.!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One mans meat is another mans poison. Praise rather than criticise. I am an old fashioned photographer, not a computer programmer. Dare I say it but just about anyone can produce a good picture with digital and some of them are absolutely amazing. I get very annoyed when I view pictures that are so digitally enhanced they are not the picture the photographer, sorry computer programmer, took but I would not criticise that person who after all is just using another available art form. One thing I will criticise and I hope you will join me is cheating. Some pictures are getting amazing viewing votes and star ratings that are just not possible. Could be computer error !! Have reported to administrator. Kind Regards..David

It's a shame some people just like to be negative, that's just the way they are. I wouldn't get too despondent about it. As someone else said, when you post any pictures online you're inviting criticism and do need to have a bit of a thick skin. You should see the abusive comments we get on YouTube about our videos – now some of those people are REALLY nasty! Flickr on the other hand tends to a positive and supportive community.

Don't let this experience put you off. The WDC staff don't always see these comments because we're not on the forum as much as we'd like (what with the magazine, the iPad edition, the rest of this website, and our Flickr, Facebook and YouTube communities to look after too!) but if problems like this are drawn to our attention we'll do our best to deal with them.