Images

Default Interested in some feedback on my images

Hi, my name is Ramona, I only started to get into photography about a year ago and only got my first DSLR in September 2010 (Nikon D5000) so i've basically been teaching myself how to use it. However iv'e never recieved much feedback from my pictures other than from family/friends. So i'm taking this opertunity to ask anyone who might happen to be interested enough to actually read this to help me out.

I don't have a website or anything but i have a few up on here that i would appreciate some friendly criticism or otherwise.

Thanks.

Images

Hi Ramona. Had a we look at your photos. Can you tell me if you sharpen them...graham

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    Hi, my name is Ramona, I only started to get into photography about a year ago and only got my first DSLR in September 2010 (Nikon D5000) so i've basically been teaching myself how to use it. However iv'e never recieved much feedback from my pictures other than from family/friends. So i'm taking this opertunity to ask anyone who might happen to be interested enough to actually read this to help me out.

I don't have a website or anything but i have a few up on here that i would appreciate some friendly criticism or otherwise.

Thanks.
    Dear Ramona..Oh dear I am having trouble with this computer tonight. My dear you pictures are great, no criticism required. An old fart like me would not criticise such young talent. Learn the basics with an old film camera, Fuji Slide film scanned in my opinion produces results superior to digital cameras costing thousands. Get up before the sun rises in your lovely Northern Ireland, I did that this morning at a local reservoir and felt young again.. My Wife of 40 years was still snoring in bed when I got home.. Kind Regards.David

Thumbs up picture criticism.

Hi Ramona.
    Your pics look like some thought has gone into them, and the landscapes look fab. We are all trying to improve each time we pick up our cameras, whether we are beginners or old timers like me. I've been taking pics for neary 50 years now and still think I should do better. May I suggest that you buy the May issue of What Digital Camera because there is a free mag with it which is a must for anybody who needs to improve their photography. This free mag is called Digital Photography Techniques, and it's great for improving our pics. You are in an ideal location for landscapes and if I were in your place I would concentrate on that. Keep up the good work, and all the best.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Hi Ramona.
    Your pics look like some thought has gone into them, and the landscapes look fab. We are all trying to improve each time we pick up our cameras, whether we are beginners or old timers like me. I've been taking pics for neary 50 years now and still think I should do better. May I suggest that you buy the May issue of What Digital Camera because there is a free mag with it which is a must for anybody who needs to improve their photography. This free mag is called Digital Photography Techniques, and it's great for improving our pics. You are in an ideal location for landscapes and if I were in your place I would concentrate on that. Keep up the good work, and all the best.

Thanks for the advice, Gonna get out and buy that issue ASAP. Must get some new photos up aswell. Cheers.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DEEGEEBEE View Post
    Dear Ramona..Oh dear I am having trouble with this computer tonight. My dear you pictures are great, no criticism required. An old fart like me would not criticise such young talent. Learn the basics with an old film camera, Fuji Slide film scanned in my opinion produces results superior to digital cameras costing thousands. Get up before the sun rises in your lovely Northern Ireland, I did that this morning at a local reservoir and felt young again.. My Wife of 40 years was still snoring in bed when I got home.. Kind Regards.David
    Cheers for taking an interest in me . If only I had the funds to get out a buy a film camera, I'd love to experiment in this area and if only I had a driver's licence, I'd be away at all hours! Your story made me laugh .

Hi Ramona. Funds for film cameras??? Have you seen how little they go for now? My film camera (Pentax MZ5N) was voted a camera of the year about 1999(I think) but now would only fetch about 35 even though I paid about 400 back then. Look in the used camera sections of companies like Park Cameras, Mifsuds, Warehouse Express, just to name a few. Also try e-bay. Nobody wants these wonderful cameras anymore and they are a delight to use, I'm sure others like me have simply put our film cameras away in some forgotten place like an attic or something, it's not worth even selling them. If they only fetch silly low prices, how much is the dealer actually paying the seller, 10 maybe!!! Have a look and see what I mean.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Hi Ramona. Funds for film cameras??? Have you seen how little they go for now? My film camera (Pentax MZ5N) was voted a camera of the year about 1999(I think) but now would only fetch about 35 even though I paid about 400 back then. Look in the used camera sections of companies like Park Cameras, Mifsuds, Warehouse Express, just to name a few. Also try e-bay. Nobody wants these wonderful cameras anymore and they are a delight to use, I'm sure others like me have simply put our film cameras away in some forgotten place like an attic or something, it's not worth even selling them. If they only fetch silly low prices, how much is the dealer actually paying the seller, 10 maybe!!! Have a look and see what I mean.
    Paying back student loans, not a penny to spare til im back in a job in the summer unfortunately. But i'll definitely look into it. Thanks!