Default New Camera needed

Can you please help i don't know if i need a bridge , dslr etc but my reqirements are as follows

I need to take pictures of kids running around indoor and outdoor.

I also take pictures at functions parties people dancing in low light.

I have a Fuji S1500 nice camera but i can't get moving images not to blur i have played with thye settings no end.

Budget up to say 350 May blow up the odd picture to poster size. Average zoom would be good.

Apart from this i don't have any other requirements. I will never be changing lenses and not fussed about the weight side.

Can you please help.

Thanks
    Jas

Images

Hi to get low light pictures that dont have blur then you need to have a camera that has a High ISO setting 1600 and above plus a lens that is capable low f stop. If you put these together then you are looking at DSLR. You might want to look at the canon G11 or G12 as these can be an alternative

Default New Camera needed

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    Hi to get low light pictures that dont have blur then you need to have a camera that has a High ISO setting 1600 and above plus a lens that is capable low f stop. If you put these together then you are looking at DSLR. You might want to look at the canon G11 or G12 as these can be an alternative
    Thanks for that any suggestions for a DLSR within my price range?

Images

No matter how good a cameras' low light performance, a tripod essential. It might be more to carry, but a great photograph has never been easy

Images

Hi Look at canon 1000d check which kit lens also check 450d you may get a deal. nikon d3000, pentax kx and sony alpha 230. what you need to do is remember you are buying into a system with DSLR so check out accessories such as lenses

The two qualities you specifically require are the very ones that compact cameras are weak at. DSLRs are not only faster to focus and shoot and have higher fps rates (notwithstanding the special fast but short burst mode features on a few compacts) but their larger sensors mean that low light image quality is a quantum leap ahead too.

So yes, you do need a DSLR in my view. Quite a few of the queries on the forum at the moment all seem to point to the same handful of budget DSLRs, namely:
    Nikon D3100
    Pentax K-x
    Sony A390
    Canon EOS 1000D.

We haven't done a direct head to head between these but judging by the queries we're getting perhaps we should! Overall, in my opinion, the first two are better than the second two, but try them yourself as personal tastes are important.

I would also suggest considering a compact system camera, except that they aren't generally as fast and you don't seem to care about the smaller size. If this sort of camera does appeal then the Sony NEX-5 and Samsung NX10 (soon to be NX11) offer the best low light image quality.

Also, contrary to the comments in a previous post, a tripod is not use all for shots of people dancing in low light. For that you'll need to use an ISO high enough to get a shutter speed that will freeze bot the subject's motion (if that's your aim) and your camera shake.