Hybrid View

Default Advice on a tripod

Hi,

I am looking to buy a tripod for my DSLR but i would like to keep the cost to a minimum,
    100 or less to be exact!
    Any advice on decent brands or models would be greatly appreciated.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by steve-b View Post
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a tripod for my DSLR but i would like to keep the cost to a minimum,
    100 or less to be exact!
    Any advice on decent brands or models would be greatly appreciated.
    Hiya, my first 'Proper' tripod I brought because it was relatively cheap, light, and very compact. I still use it. In fact its still my only tripod I have and it has been very useful. So my advice? DO NOT BOTHER! Relatively cheap, Light, and Compact is a combination to disaster! Eventually the inevitable will happen! On a cold windy night on a road bridge, my DSLR snuggly perched on my fully extended (Light and compact) tripod, everything poised for 'that great shot'... I walk away to check my composition then suddenly the worst sound my dear pair of ears could ever endure is the sound of my precious camera Crashing down on a not so soft concrete walk path! well, at least my written off camera and lens was still tightly attached to my tripod head

So if Lightweight and Compact is not of priority then look for a strong sturdy tripod that has a good weight even if it means spending an extra 20-30 pounds. Remember- you get what you pay