Default Starting Out Digitial SLR 220.

I am looking for a "just starting out" camera, digital SLR, most people Ive spoken too have recommended a CANON, but as my budget is 170-250. where could I find a good starter 2nd hand or refurbished? Ive been trailing the internet and can't seem to find anything but ebay. Any suggestions for a good 1st camera. Thanks in advance

Images

I don't think you will get a DSLR for that price new. I wouldn't trust bay and as second hand its always hit and miss I think you need to rethink your budget sorry

Images

It is possible to find, for example, a Canon 350D second hand, but remember you'll also need at least one lens.

You might find that a 'bridge' camera would be a better starting point It'll give you a good range of focal lengths and give you a good idea of what kind of lenses you'll want for the kind of photography you prefer, should you then move onto a DSLR in the future.

I agree that for that budget you'll have to buy secondhand if you want a DSLR - the cheapest new DSLR I can find is the Olympus E450 at Argos at 279.
    I also share the caution about eBay – personally I prefer Amazon, I think there are more checks and balances in their marketplace. Currently they have a used Canon EOS 350D and a Pentax ist DL for 200.

If you're prepared to sacrifice a DSLR there are some fairly well specified bridge cameras you could consider, such as the Fujifilm S2800HD, or for around 250 you could get the Fujifilm HS10 which has a 30x zoom and is quite DSLR-like in its features and handling, if not quite its image quality.