Thread: New camera

Hybrid View

Images

Question New camera

I am looking at upgrading my camera, I currently use a Sony A200 but feel the normal lenses are not good enough. I am looking at canon or nikon, and like shooting portraits landscapes, wildlife and a friend has asked if I could do their wedding in the new year.

Since there are so many cameras on the market it is easy to get a bit confused (well for me it is)

my budget is restricted as I lost my job 2 weeks ago, however there is nothing to stop me saving a bit extra and waiting a bit longer to get what I need.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Chatty

Images

Default new camera

As i put on another thread,the Nikon D90 is a great camera to start out with and is being heavily discounted at the minute ! Always best to go into a shop and have a look what is on offer and have a play to see which feels right for you.Whatever you buy,practice a few weddings as a guest before you do the real one or else your friend may become an ex friend if you get it wrong !!

Images

Hi there are some good deals out there but what you need to think about is, when you get a DSLR you are buying into a system so research what lenses you need then go try the cameras see which you like the feel of.

As for the wedding bit I agree above if you have never done one then don't do it there is a lot of work in doing weddings. Look st this thread it says most things
    http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/for...ead.php?t=1659