Hybrid View

Default Which Panasonic Lumix?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new digital camera, having read the reviews I'm a bit confused now as to which one to get. I've looked at the Panasonic TZ8, FZ38 and FZ45 and also the LX3. All are in the price range I can afford, but I'm not sure which would be the best? I'd mainly be taking photos of my family and landscapes (especially on days like this with all the snow we have)! Any suggestions will be gratefully received, thanks!

I have a 5 year old FZ7 which has an equivant zoom to 420mm in film. Which I find is a very nice camera and I use it as well as my Nikon D5000 + 18-200mm.Landscapes ideally need an 18mm lens and family probably 50mm to 90mm.The longer zooms can be a bit of a gimmick but are useful for bird shots etc, so if you are not interested in birds or planes you might find you wont be using the long telephoto much.Ask yourself what is it a long way away that you want too shoot.
    I use my long end when the kids are in the sea mainly and my FZ7s 12 times zoom is well adequate.

Hi, thanks for that, it's made my buying decision easier!