19 year old's photo inspires 11 million Bing users and marks the end of British summer time

A young photographer who turned her life around with help from youth charity The Prince’s Trust has had her image featured on the Bing homepage (www.bing.co.uk) and viewed by 11 million users.

The image of raindrops reflected against a Union Jack flag marks the official end of summer as we prepare for the cold, dark and long nights ahead.

Care Johnson (19) had been struggling to find work before The Prince’s Trust helped her to set up as a self-employed photographer. Earlier this year Care was selected by Rankin to help with an advertising photo shoot for the youth charity’s Tomorrow campaign.

After spending a day working with Care, Rankin was impressed by the teenager’s portfolio, saying: “I was really surprised by Care’s approach to work – it’s very mature for somebody so young, without any formal training. What I found so striking was her resilience. You need a lot of that in this business. She said, “If no one is going to employ me, I’m going to employ myself”. That is admirable and very brave – you have to have that fighting spirit. At 19, she is now self-employed and building up a portfolio of commissions, having turned her passion for photography into a paycheck. I think she has a great future.”

Care Johnson said: “I’m thrilled that my photo is being featured on the Bing homepage. The image is a reminder of the great British summer we’ve enjoyed – a highlight for me was working with Rankin on The Prince’s Trust Tomorrow campaign, learning so much and gaining experience. It’s been great to give something back to a charity that helped me change my life.”

The photographs taken by Rankin and Care can be seen at www.princes-trust.org.uk/tomorrow. This website provides advice, inspiration and support for unemployed young people struggling in the current climate.