Default all rounder lens for sony a55

Hi all I'm new to using a Dslr ( or in my case a DSLT). So I wanted some advice on a good all rounder lens.

I will be taking photos of my daughter who attends gymnastics. Which is one of the main reason i got the a55 due to the ability to take upto 10fps.

As to the budget, ideally I'd like to spend less then 200, as im not a serious photogragher. But I could go upto 400 for some of the lenses with stabilisation, but not sure if I need this, if the camera has that built into the body.

So any advice/ opinions is most welcome

Images

Smile Sony 55

Hiya. Well, your Sony has a built in image stablizer so you don't need it on the lens. That will confuse it. May I say you have bought a brilliant camera. People bang on about Nikon this Nikon that it P***** me off. The Sony camera is a better buy and just does a better job. Anyway, getting back to your question. Depending on how far you are away from the action i.e your daughter doing her gymnatics. I would say a 300mm lens is good enough.

Regards
    Scotty

Images

Hi taking pictures in doors you will need a long lens 300 should be ok but it will have to have a large aperture say f2.8, I assume that flash is an option

Hi
    Thanks for your replies ... I just recovered from flu. Yeah I love this camera especially the 10 fps bit and at the price point of around 530 including vat cashbacks.

What are your thoughts on the Sigma 18-250 +OS +HSM for sony? especially compared the other makes tamron and sony own 18-270?

Many thanks Again for any opnions.