Default entry level DSLR

I am going to buy my first SLR and can get a discount on a nikon. I am also getting married next year and want a camera to take wedding photo's. The D3000 looks like a good entry level camera for a beginner, but what about a good lens for wildlife pics. any suggestions?

Images

Hi I always say this when buying a DSLR you are buying into a system so look at your needs and what that system has to offer.
    The D3000 will have some good offers now that the D3100 is out, what is your budget.
    Most of these cameras will come wih a kit lens, that said you mentioned wildlife. Now to get good shoots you will need a long zoom say 70 -300 f2.8 and they are not cheap. So you will have to budget for that.

Hi
    I have around 500 - 800. The wildlife lens can wait what I am not sure about is which lens to get with the camera body. I can get the camera straight from nikon so will not be shopping around to see which shops have the best deal and best lens. I need non bias advice on which lens are good. I want to use the camera for the wedding photos, which lens would you recommend?

Images

Hello juju.. Nikon don't sell direct to the public. Their site just points you to retailers. When you say wedding photos do you mean you are going to give the camera to a trusted friend to take all the photos , or are you going to take your own photos when you get the chance... graham

Graham
    I have a friend who is an account manager on a nikon account and he can get a discount price, what that is I am not sure yet. I have a friend who will take the weddings photo, just need a decent lens for the occasion. Any thoughts?

Images

hi juju. The nikon d300 usually comes with a 18-55 lens. However i have seen them with 18-105or a 55-200. Once you get you camera bundle arranged put on another post....graham