Hybrid View

Default ? about pixels and zooms

Hi everyone

The camera I'm using at the moment has 6m MP and 3x Zoom. I don't seem to be getting the clarity I would like especially when the macro is in use. My question is, if I'm thinking of getting a new camera, what would be better....to have more mega pixels and a 3x Zoom, or to have the same amount of mega pixels but with a better zoom. Bearing in mind that I'm no expert photographer, but do get a bit ambitious with what I think is a good shot but then can't get what I want. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance
    Sandie

Images

Hello sandieB...The mega pixels on a camera usually mean the size of a photo, So a 6mp pixel camera will print an A4 photo no problem. If you print the same photo A2 size it will be quite badly damaged The clarify comes from your sensor [which is in your camera] and your lens. Better sensors and les = sharper photos If you are wanting better photos, you should maybe think on upgrading your camera. The more zoom usually the better macro

Images

Hi to answer your question to get better clarity you need better lenses and a sensor, maybe its time to move up to a DSLR

Images

A dslr would give great photos, but so would a good bridge camera. All depends on how far you want to take your hobby.

Thanks for the answers guys....I'm not sure if I can afford to upgrade to a DSLR. I haven't really looked at them "in person" as it were, but they all look fairly hefty. I really like something small and lightweight (I like it to go in my pocket or handbag while I'm out...I'm such a wimp!) I will do a bit more research!

Many thanks

Sandie

Images

Hello sandieB If your budget allows ,you should look at the fujifilm f300exr. It's a 12 m/p witha good size zoom on it., and it is small enough to fit in your pocket costs about 200. from Amazon... graham