Default Sony Alpha a380 help

Hi Guys,

I have spent the last 3months reading sites like yours to try and find the best camera for me, after much research I came up with the Sony a380 (50mm lens included) This is where I need your help, I am taking my wife on holiday (for her 60th birthday) to Kenya on Safari, she is mad on any programs with the big 5 in, My question is can you recommend a good 300-450mm lens to buy as we are having a hot air balloon ride over the Mara, I really would like to take some good photos, any other tips you can give would be greatfully received,
    (If you have the time please read my Itinerary below, recommendations welcome as to what to do)

Saturday 10 September
    Virgin Atlantic flight VS 671 Premium Economy class: 2 adults
    Departs London Heathrow Airport from terminal 3 at 2100
    Arrive Nairobi Airport at 0750 local time 11/09/2011
    Sunday 11 September
    Magical Kenya (7Night Safari) for 7 nights in
    1 Standard on Night 1 Bed & Breakfast, Nights 2-7 Full Board basis for 2 adults
    Day 1
    Arrive into Nairobi from the international flight with Virgin Atlantic, transfer to Southern Sun
    Mayfair before visiting the Carnivore Restaurant and then onto the Giraffe Centre.
    Day 2
    After an early breakfast leave Nairobi at 0800 and drive to Samburu National Park to arrive
    just before lunch. Have an afternoon game drive and return for dinner and overnight at your
    lodge: Samburu Sopa Lodge.
    Day 3
    Early morning gamedrive in Samburu to explore the scenery and to spot the variety of
    animals found in the Samburu National Reserve. Return to camp for lunch before an
    afternoon game drive. Overnight Samburu Sopa Lodge.
    Day 4
    After breakfast drive to the Outspan Hotel in Nyeri for lunch (the former home of Lord Baden
    Powell, founder of the Scouts movement) and then transfer to the Aberdare National Park
    to spend 1 night at the Treetops Lodge. Please note that your luggage will be stored at the
    Outspan and you will proceed with an overnight bag. In the afternoon and evening view the
    wildlife coming to the waterhole in front of the lodge. Overnight at Treetops Lodge.
    Day 5
    After breakfast drive to Lake Nakuru National Park famous for the vast concentration of
    flamingos as well as many wildlife species including rhino and leopard. Have lunch before
    going out for a game drive to spot these fascinating creatures. Overnight at Lion Hill Lodge.
    Day 6
    Drive from Nakuru to the Maasai Mara arriving at Mara Siana Camp for lunch. In the
    afternoon take a game drive returning to camp in the evening. Overnight Siana Springs
    Camp
    Day 7
    web: www.tropicalsky.co.uk email: info@tropicalsky.co.uk
    Tropical Sky Ltd - registered in England no. 5425418
    Registered Office: East House, 109 South Worple Way, London SW14 8TN
    Early breakfast before a full day of game drives in the Mara with a picnic lunch returning to
    camp for dinner. Overnight Siana Springs Camp
    Day 8
    Early morning breakfast before your transfer back to Nairobi. On arrival you will either be
    transferred to a Nairobi hotel for an overnight stay (An additional charge applies) or
    continue to the airport to extend your holiday in Mombasa.
    Customer Protection : Customer Package ATOL Protection No 9759
    Magical Kenya 4x4: Vehicle
    Sunday 18 September
    Flight : Kenya Airways: One Way Flight NBO to MBA L Class
    Transfer to Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa
    Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa for 6 nights in
    1 Standard Room on All Inclusive basis for 2 adults
    Saturday 24 September
    Transfer from Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa to Mombasa Airport
    Flight : Kenya Airways: One Way Flight MBA to NBO V Class
    Transfer from Nairobi Airport
    Southern Sun Mayfair for 1 night in
    1 Standard Room on Bed & Breakfast basis for 2 adults
    Sunday 25 September
    Transfer to Nairobi Airport
    Virgin Atlantic flight VS 672 Premium Economy class: 2 adults
    Departs Nairobi Airport at 0950
    Arrive London Heathrow Airport at 1640 local time 25/09/2011

Thanks in advance
    Taff

Sorry our ballon ride is on day 7

Images

Hey there,

Wow, your trip sounds amazing ...i went to South Africa in 2006, unfortunatly though it was before i got my SLR camera ...would love to go back just for the photos lol

As for your question...dont Sony do the lens you want??? What about Sigma, do they fit Sony cameras? Also what about Minolta (i think they also fit Sony cameras??)

Im sorry if i sound like an amatuer lol

Depends on your budget, but here goes

'Bigma' 50-500mm
    Sony 70-400mm
    Tamron 200-500mm

And of course there's your prime lenses, those suggestions are really just 3 main contenders, theres tonnes more you can go for