Images

Default Advice needed please.

I've decided after reading through many many reviews not to replace my little Canon A710. Instead I'm going to keep it for everyday use and buy myself something a little different to help me get stated in photography.
    I'm definatley not a pro, I could'nt even call myself an amateur, but i love taking photos especially of landscapes and nature.
    I honestly know very little about different settings and iso and lenses etc, so i don't want to start too big, also i don't have the cash to buy expensive euipment.
    Two cameras i've been looking at are the Fuji HS10 and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45. both have good reviews, I am favouring the Fuji as it gives more control over the zoom. I believe any of these cameras or others similar is the way for me to go. However after testing these cameras i noticed a second hand Nikon D60 with18-55mm in the shop window for 250.
    Would the DSLR be a step too far? Are the bridge cameras fine for my needs? Please help.

Images

Default stil need advice

I've narrowed my search down for my new camera to 2. The Fuji HS10, or Sony A290dslr i can get both for around the same price . Problem is I've never even held a SLR before let alone use one and i'm unsure if the sony would be out of my league. I am a total novice when it comes to photography, but i realy do enjoy taking photos of landscapes etc. can some one please advice, is the sony ok for someone like me, or would i be better off starting with the Fuji and learning the ropes without the expense of having to buy different lenses.

Images

Default sony

HI little empty If you are serious about photography you should consider the sony.It will be daunting at first but you soon find your feet. The 18 55 kit lens will get you started taking photos and you can add more lenses at your leisure. The camera also has a help guide on it which should point you in the right direction. The fuji hs10 is also a great camera, in fact i just bought my wife one for her xmas. She just wants to take photos[ mainly concerts ] without lugging separate lenses about.... good luck in your choice graham

Images

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    HI little empty If you are serious about photography you should consider the sony.It will be daunting at first but you soon find your feet. The 18 55 kit lens will get you started taking photos and you can add more lenses at your leisure. The camera also has a help guide on it which should point you in the right direction. The fuji hs10 is also a great camera, in fact i just bought my wife one for her xmas. She just wants to take photos[ mainly concerts ] without lugging separate lenses about.... good luck in your choice graham
    Thanks for your advice, I've decided to go for the HS10 simply because i don't have the finance for new lenses. Maybe in the future as my interest in photography grows i'll move onto a DSLR.
    Cheers