Default Nikon D5000 or Canon EOS 500D

I am in an absolute pickle.

Looking to buy my wife a DSLR for Christmas. Only have a budget of circa 500 and I think I have narrowed it down to either the Nikon D5000 or the Canon EOS 500D.

I have had to give her a clue as all the magazines say that you need to hold before you buy to make sure it is ergonomically correct for the user.

Am I on the right track? The both have an APS-C Sensor which I have been told is important and that the ISO of the Canon can be upgraded to 12600, whereas the Nikon can't. Not sure how important that is?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Images

Hi which one did she like the feel of.
    The sensor size of both is aps-c in simple terms not full frame.
    Iso the canon is the better for low light and has the greater mpixel count.
    Hope that helps

Hi ,

I am relatively new to DSLR myself but i went for the D5000.

The reason for my choice was the feel when holding it. The nikon for me felt more confortable and just felt and looked better made than the canon. Only in terms of asphetics. The canon just gave me the impression it was basic. A friend of mine loves his

So far my only problem with the D5000 is that the Screen resolution on the Nikon doesn't always match the actual photo. only boring stuff like clouds and general lighting dont really show up 100% and you start to doubt yourself. Whilst i was in Canada i took several shot of scenes just to make sure i got the perfect shot. The Canon i believe has a much higher resolution screen. Im sure that this would eat batteries though?

Both are great Camera's and i don't think either would be a Bad choice.

If you wish to shooting effect is very good, the views to upgrade at your wife, try to find more information on the Internet, or consult some of the relevant professional

Smile

hi mjg060468

i use a canon EOS 500D
    i cant say much bad about it takes great quality photos
    easy to use as HD Video as well if you brought this your wife she would be over the moon with you and have large range of lens with canon as well
    what more does a wife need lol