Thread: Dslr.

Default Dslr.

Hey guys.

Looking to buy my first DSLR, after having a regular compact digital camera for a while now.

I have a budget of around 500, and after looking around for a while, and at What Digital Camera's reviews, I think it's between the Canon EOS 500D and the Nikon D5000 - But feel free to suggest anything you think would be better.

Please tell me which you think would be better and why!

Thanks guys!
    -DreadAlert-

Images

Hi both cameras are very good for the money, but if i was you i would go into a camera shop and try them out see which one feels more comfortable. i was in your position looking for ages then i went into jessops all set to buy the D5000 but picked up the D90 big mistake I'm now saving the extra for the D90.jessops have a good kit deal on the D5000 at the moment 18 55 and 55 200 vr lenses for 579 the canon 500D with 18 55is lens is 520 with 30 cash back.

good luck
    johners

Images

Hi and welcome good advice if it feels right then it will be easier for you. Remember you are buying into a system when you buy a DSLR so check what lenses will fit the camera you choose. With Canon any EF mount will fit its only the EFS that are made for the apc sensor size. Again with Nikon check which fit.
    You might look at Pentax or Sony or Olympus.

Will do.

Those jessops deals look very good, I may get the starter kit thing for the Canon EOS 500D with the bag, UV Filter and Memory Card.

What exactly does a UV filter do?

Images

I think the UV filter is mainly used as a lens protector now a days.