Hybrid View

Default Camera Upgrade....

I currently have a Canon 350d and a Canon HV20 HD Camcorder and I would like to upgrade to a single device that can capture both high quality stills and full HD movies at 24fps.

My preference would be a Canon and after a bit of research I've come up with the following options - 550d, 60D and 7D. I will mainly use the camera for family shots, holidays and the odd landscape pictures and to capture video of my two little girls... I would like my next camera to be last me a good 5+ years and I don't want it to be outdated in the next year of so.

Also, given the young family, I can't really lump a load of equipment around with me, therefore I would appreciate thoughts on a good all rounder lens that would cope well with still and movies to cover the above.

Budget is around 1500.

Thanks in advance.

Images

Hi first any of the three will do what you want. The 550d will leave you enough money to get a lens or 2 extra. the 60d has a swivel screen which maybe better for the video 7d is the dearest option. what type of stills do you take it maybe the deciding factor