Default Which Panasonic for me?

Apologies in advance for the extensive detail for what should be a simple question. Having seen so many posts with so little usable detail Iíve gone to the other extreme!

Iím looking to replace my Panasonic DMC-FZ5 but Iím struggling to choose between the variety of Panasonic models available. Having read so many reviews I canít see the woods for the trees and canít fathom the quality levels between them or how superior they are to my FZ5 (if at all). Thereís nothing wrong with m FZ5, I just expect the newer models to have greater picture quality and more features (the former being the most important). It doesnít have to be a panasonic, Iíve just enjoyed the experience of my FZ5 and formed an allegance. It was supposed to simplify matters tooÖ

I was set on the G2 but a few reviews stated the suppplied lens range isnít that great and I donít want to get into a lens collection situation. Also, that the sensor is a bit old and not the best. No idea how big a deal these issues are in reality though. I then saw the DMC-TZ10 and FZ100 which looked fab and seemed to tick lots of boxes. And then thereís the DMC-FZ38 or 45, the G10, the GF1 and so on. Just what the heck should I be looking at in terms of a worthy replacement and upgrade for my FZ5, or should I just stick with it as itís already good and these arenít that much better picture wise.

My Usage:

To be the sole camera on holidays so usable by all the family
    Sunny action shots in the sea/pool
    Vistas and landscapes
    All type of architecure Ė indoors and out Ė all conditions (Think of St Peters at the Vatican inside and out)
    Spontanious family snaps while out and about
    Occasional video but not heavy usage.
    Night picures (think New York Times Square or top of Empire State)
    No need for advanced creativity or expert settings. Iím an amateur point and clicker at heart with mild aspirations of greatness.

My Needs:

Best picture quality available to meet the above needs.
    A good quality long zoom.
    Good macro ability.
    Stability mode.
    Good night shots (with and without flash).
    Usable HD recording (I donít intend to buy separate video camera).
    Superb point and click ability but has some advanced features for when time allows.
    Not too bulky.

Budget up to £550 but happy to spend just £200 for the right camera Ė i.e price isnít the driving factor Ė picture quality is.

All advice gratefully received.

Images

Hi the best and really only way to check the quality of all the camera you have in mind is to pop onto flickr go to search everyoneís uploads and type in the camera model this will bring up all images taken with that model and give you a hands on view of quality and suitability, then when you have narrowed it down most users donít mind if you mail them with questions about the camera they use. I hope this helps and good luck in your search. Aidy

Hi,
    As a matter of interest I have had the FZ7 for several years and anyone can pick it up on the beach and get a reasonable photo.(great little camera)but it's not much good for any sort of action shots through shutter delay, also not that good in poor light..So I bought a Nikon DSLR which gives me amazing low light photo's and will capture action shots no problem but my family would never use it as they think it's too complicated.
    So you will be very lucky if you can get a small sensor compact to do all the things you want,another but if you only print 6"x4" or maybe 5"x7" you probably wont see the noise.So you will have to make a compromise,the latest Panasonic GH1 and now GH2 micro four thirds cameras have made great strides but are beyond your budget.This site is useful as you can compare cameras against one another taking the same photo's http://www.imaging-resource.com/
    Good luck

Thanks for the responses. I'll have a look at both sites to see what they throw up.

On the last note, I often print A4 glossy prints with a high quality Epson photo printer. I also like to crop and enlarge photos too so the detail and lack of noise wil be important. It's not a major aspect but i don't want to be disappointed with the detail when I get to be creative.

Still not clear on which camera though. It's nice to have so much great choice normally!