Thread: nikon d90

Hybrid View

Images

Default nikon d90

Hi im looking to buy my first dslr the d90 is top of my wish list , i have been waiting to see if the price would drop with the launch of the d7000 but as of yet it hasnt, i was looking on the jessops web site and the price of the d5000 with 18/55 vr and 55/200 vr lenses is priced at 579 the d90 with 18/105 vr lense is priced at 799. the question is should i snap up the D5000 bundle or hold out save a bit more money and get the D90.
    please any help would be much appreciated
    thank you
    marc

Default Hi there,

I think that you should definitely wait a little longer and save some more for a D90. I own a D90 and I've played with the Canon recently in Jessops and considering the reviews I've read; its not a very good camera. In regards to the ISO quality, dedicated controls and overall build quality, the D90 stands much better. Take your time and get a camera which will last; its worthwhile.

Images

Hi remember when you buy a DSLR you are buying into system check what lenses are compatible with the camera you want. The D90 is a very good camera and what you should do is go to a shop and hold it then compare it with a canon or other makes, see what is right for you

Images

Thanks for the replies guys,Ive just bought a Nikon D90 with 18 105 lens and its a beast of a camera, just got to get out there and take loads of pics now.thanks again

Images

I don't know where first responder got Canon from?? The D5000 is also Nikon!

You made a great choice, I recently sold my D200 and bought a 6mth old D90 that is still under warranty. Only cost me 40 in the difference [though I did sell a 50mm and camera bag with the D200 to make up a little bundle worth selling]

Very happy with the D90, so much better at handling high ISO noise than the D200 could ever dream of! I've taken portraits of the kids indoors with no flash @ ISO 1000 and noise was barely evident, sweet

Check out page 105 in the May issue of WDC magazine. There it points out that the D90 can be bought for around 529 body only, which is a huge saving off the RRP of 850. Or you can get it with the 18-105mm lens for around 695. Good luck.