Hybrid View

Default Removing Purple Fringing

I'm torn between buying the FZ100 or SX30. What's been putting me off about the SX30 are the comments about the SX30 having a lot more purple fringing than the FZ100.

My wife at lunchtime today, called into a "well known high street camera retailer" and spoke with the store manager who insisted that the purple fringing with the SX30 can be easily removed using various software such as Photoshop.

Is this true?

Thanks

Phil

Images

Thumbs up

Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are the two I use and both remove fringing up to a point. To be honest if it produces fringing I wouldn’t touch it. The best way to compare images taken on both is to go on flickr type in the camera model on everyone’s uploads and view for yourself at full size.
    Have had a quick look on flickr and from what I saw the SX30 had purple, blue and green fringing and the FZ100 had a small amount of green fringing, if I were to choose for myself I’d go for the FZ100 based on the few images viewed.
    Hope this helps Aidy

Images

Default fringe

HI . trigwynt... I agree with aidy, why would anyone want to buy a camera that does anything other than take great photos. I use photoshop cs5 and it takes it out no problem.But it costs a lot of money which could pay for your fz100... good luck graham