Thread: D200 upgrade ?

Images

Question D200 upgrade ?

Hi,
    I currently own a Nikon D40 and am looking to upgrade to something with more megapixels and alot more features and ive been seeing near mint D200s around for under 500 (i have a very limited budget) but i have also noticed that the D2x and D300 are around 800.

So anyway, i was wondering if a D200 would be a good upgrade from my D40 (even though its old) and is the D2x and D300 really worth an extra 300-400 and i would be really interested to see what people think, or should i just stick with the D40 and buy a macro lens or something ?

Images

Default upgrade

Hi Niknak...If you have a d40 and can upgrade to a d200 for a few hundred pounds i think i would go for it. My only concern would be the condition of the 200.Here is a link compairing the 200 to the 300 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond300/. My opinion is the 300 is a far better camera and worth the extra money. Good luck ... graham

Images

Default hmmm

thanks for the response, but as i look at it more and see the comparisons ive narrowed it down to the D300 (near mint) or a brand new D300s as both of them seem to have far superior image quality to the D200, and now i really dont know.
    Because the D300 has some great features like dual card slots and virtual horizon (dont know how much i would use movie mode). But on the other hand the D300 is 200+ cheaper and image quality is virtually identical.

Images

Default movie mode

Hi... Know what you mean about movie mode i have only used mine once. Just a mode i have no interest in.Let me know what you decide on graham