Default cheap sports camera

i am looking for a low cost camera to use for sports and action shots. i am going out to work at a ski resort in the winter and need a camera that can handle the condtions adn take some great shots for my friend to use in a display. i already own a canon 550d which is great but is not the best when using burst mode as the memory is soon used up. any suggestions would be great i dont mind if its an older model as long it produces good quality pics.

Quote Originally Posted by crobin1uk View Post
    i already own a canon 550d which is great but is not the best when using burst mode as the memory is soon used up. any suggestions would be great i dont mind if its an older model as long it produces good quality pics.
    Fills the memory card or fills the camera's buffer?

When the camera's buffer fills up the shooting rate slows down, I'm guessing this is what the problem is. This is mostly likely to occur when shooting RAW and JPEGs together or even just RAWs in burst mode at full resolution. You may find that dropping the resolution of the images helps speed things up and only save one file type. RAWs for best quality are likely to be larger so will fill up more of the buffer and take longer to write to the card than JPEGs.

See if dropping the resolution down to 10MP files helps