Thread: My first dslr

Default My first dslr

Hi I was hoping to get some advice on buying my first dslr.
    I am going to use it for a range of things but most of all probably taking photos of my son!
    I have never used one before but I am a quick learner!
    At the moment I use either a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 Lumix or Nikon Coolpix S200. (pretty standard!)
    I like the panasonic but find the nikon very slow, when trying to take photos of my son he always moves before it actually captures him and struggles to take photos one after the other at a good pace!

thanks for your help
    xx

Images

Hi welcome a DSLR will be quicker to focus so that will over come one problem for you. What is budget as that will determin what cameras can be concidered.

Its going to be a birthday present from my parents so I dont think I can ask them to spend any more that 400 (200 each). Is that too little do you think?

Many thanks

Images

Hi If you look at the reviews here for DSLRs then there are a few like olympus E420, canon EOS1000d, EOS 450d, Nikon d3000
    There are a few you will need to know what you want to take pics of and then narrow it down some more buy trying them and seeing how they feel which is very important. Good luck