Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying DSLR

Default buying DSLR

Hi

I love photography but I am not a pro.
    I have been reading and searching to buy the right camera for last three months
    I cannot make my mind about make and model, ? full frame or cheaper options
    I read Canon EOS 550/60 and 7 then I found out about Nikon D7000 and D90, Now I am confused because I like to buy Nikon D700.
    If I have a starting budget of £2000 what would be the best camera and starting lense/set.
    please advice

Images

Hi yes it confusing all I can say is that you have enough money to get a good set up. Next what to buy has lot to do with what you want to shoot.. A d700 is very expensive just for a body. You may be better off looking at d7000 or canon 550d. Have you ever used a DSLR or is this your first if so what you upgrading from. All this will help give better advice

I agree - its hard to recommend a camera outfit without knowing what subjects you like to shoot, what your existing knowledge level is, whether you like big chunky tough cameras or small, light ones, what size prints you'll be making, whether you're interested in video etc etc.

The new generation of DSLRs such as Nikon's D7000 and Canon's EOS 7D are pretty hard to fault, and the Pentax K7 is good too. The new Sony A55 would be worth looking at for sports or if you're into video in a big way.

Personally with your budget, I would have a serious look at the Canon 5d MKII.

Hello Behzad,
    First of all you want to look at the lens system you will be buying into. I bought into Nikon some while ago because I wanted a particular lens and Canon didn't at that time have an equivalent.
    So now I am fixed to Nikon lenses,which is fine by me. If you can, go to a dealer to handle and try out some combo's. One time I bought a memory card, went to a dealer and took several shots on the same card with different camera's, I came home and looked at them on my pc.
    . As a matter of interest whatever you buy will probably be superceeded within a couple years if that long.The D90 has already become out of date. I have the Nikon D5000 for your information. Unless you are going to print A3 or bigger I think you would be hard pressed to find a real difference between the top brands and if you did it would be subjective.
    Another thing to consider is weight as carrying a brick of a camera plus lenses ,flash,spare batteries etc, around all day can be very wearing, they seem fine on the shop counter one at a time.

Default Thanks

Thanks
    I made my mind and I go for canon D 60 or Nikon D7000, I will try them first and compare the photos
    Any of you familiar with Elecbestshop website
    ? everything is almost less than half price
    I am not a website person and normally go and buy from high street shops
    Any advice?

Images

Hi quick search and personally I wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole as they look like a scam site check these links out. Hope this helps Aidy

http://fraudbaster.blogspot.com/2010...stshopcom.html

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...6&changemode=1

Quote Originally Posted by Behzad View Post
    Thanks
    I made my mind and I go for canon D 60 or Nikon D7000, I will try them first and compare the photos
    Any of you familiar with Elecbestshop website
    ? everything is almost less than half price
    I am not a website person and normally go and buy from high street shops
    Any advice?
    As aidys1 quite rightly say's you have to be very very careful,as you may buy a grey import which means Nikon UK or Canon wont honour the warranty.
    You dont give any info as to where abouts you live so recommending a shop is difficult,Digital Depot in Stevenage have always been helpful to me purchase wise but no good if you live in Scotland.
    Having said that apart from my initial purchases from three different retailers which have been good, the after sales from shops doesnt appear to be all that good, as two of the three retailers I have dealt with have all told me when I have had a problem to get onto and Nikon UK and sort it myself as it will be sorted quicker. That being the case a reliable web based purchase would have been as good.

I did try EOS 7 as advised by will54 and love the speed, ease of use and quality of photos , ? if I want to buy two lenses which one I should go for - ? L range or S range

Images

The 7d is a great camera and the L series is canons luxury so great quality but there are some very good efs lenses too. it does depend on what you shoot