Default Which camera for family photos?

Hi

I am struggling to choose a point and shoot camera mainly to take high quality photos of our young children.
    My priorities are:
    excellent image quality
    excellent image stabilisation
    very fast shutter speed/start-up
    good zoom
    burst mode
    face detec/recognition and background blurring would be a bonus

I don't need manual controls. Some of the better options seem to be:
    Lumix tz10 (but perhaps not as fast as others?)
    Fuji f70 or 80exr (70 seems to have better quality pics but not as many useful features as 80?)
    Exilim fc100 (smaller zoom and not as good focal length?)

I would appreciate any advice on the above or any other suggestions.
    Many thanks.

You don't state a budget for your camera. The Panasonic Lumix TZ10 is a very good camera with a long zoom, effective stabilisation and good movie mode. It isn't noticeably slower than average in our experience.
    We haven't tested the Fujifilm F80EXR yet but the F70EXR is excellent and produces very good image quality.
    The Casios are not generally up to the standard of the others.
    One alternative you might want to consider is the Sony HX5, which is their rival to the TZ10. It's a feature packed camera with a 10x zoom, full HD movie mode and, importantly for you, a 10 fps high speed burst mode. Here's a list of key features, from the Sony website:

Cyber-shot HX5 main features

• Exmor R CMOS Sensor - Highly efficient sensor design boosts sensitivity while reducing image noise for superb low-light pictures
    • 10x optical zoom/25mm wide angle - High quality lens by Sony with 25mm wide angle for group shots/landscapes, and high-power zoom to bring distant subjects closer
    • Intelligent Sweep Panorama - Automatically combines a burst of images to create extra-wide pictures. Enhanced processing for smooth panoramas even with moving subjects
    • 1080i Full HD movie - Simple one-touch recording of high quality Full HD video clips using AVCHD format (1920x1080i): wide choice of HD playback options
    • 10.2 megapixels - Captures very high quality images, allowing detail-packed enlargements
    • BIONZ processor - Powerful image processing ensures clear, detailed, low-noise images and quick, responsive shooting
    • 7.5cm/3" LCD - Clear Photo LCD screen (230k dot) offers excellent detail, high contrast and wide viewing angle
    • Handheld Twilight mode - Produces crisp, optimised low-light images by combining six successive frames into a single image with less noise
    • Anti Motion Blur Mode - Produces crisp low-light images with reduced subject blur by combining six successive frames into a single image with less noise
    • High-speed continuous shooting - Press the shutter button and freeze the action with a high-speed burst of images at up to 10 frames per second
    • GPS and Compass - Automatically geotag images and video clips: then retrace your travels with exciting on-line maps
    • Double anti-blur - Optical SteadyShot and high sensitivity ISO 3200, with Clear RAW Noise Reduction for high quality handheld images with less blur, even in low light
    • Intelligent Auto - Automatically adjusts exposure and other settings for optimum results in a wide range of shooting situations
    • HDR Backlight Correction - Produces natural, balanced results with high contrast and strongly backlit scenes
    • Face Detection - Automatically adjusts focus, exposure and white balance for clearer portraits: priority selectable between children and adults
    • Smile Shutter - Automatically fires shutter when subject smiles: with adjustable smile threshold and priority selectable for children/adults
    • D-Range Optimizer - Adjusts exposure and contrast for natural results in high-contrast scenes and backlit portraits
    • HD output - View video and still images on HD TV (requires optional cable). enhances viewing on compatible BRAVIA
    • HD Slideshow with music - Fun image display with effects and music on LCD or connected HD TV
    • Easy Shooting mode - Fuss-free operation for beginners with simplified controls and easy-to-read on-screen instructions
    • PMB Portable - Built-in transfer software allows quick, easy uploads to image sharing sites when camera is connected to any web-enabled PC
    • In-camera retouching - Fun in-camera image retouching functions including trim, red-eye correction and unsharp mask

That's very helpful thank you. I was expecting to spend 200-400. I was put off the Sony after reading people had problems with over-exposure. Which of them would you say is best at catching fast moving children? Thanks

In our head to head we gave it to the Sony. I think the benefits of the 10 fps burst (good for fast moving children), anti-blur mode and cool (but useful) technologies such as Sweep Panorama put it a whisker ahead, though you wouldn't be disappointed with either. Try them both in a shop and see which one you like the feel of.