Post Beginners guide to gear.

Hi guys,

I've just taken the plunge into to the world or dslr's after many years of contemplation and the misses saying no.

I've got a Sony a390 and two lenses a 18-55 mm kit lens and a 100-400 mm macro zoom lens.

I was hoping you guys could suggest other things that I need to have a decent kit.

As for mat people money is tight with me saving up for our wedding as well so I carnt afford very expensive items.

Thanks in advance.

Depends what sort of pictures you take. For landscapes, architecture, cityscapes, wildlife, still life and some other subjects a tripod should be first on your list. Semi-decent ones start at about 80-100.
    A remote release (less than 10) would also be useful. An ND Grad filter (from about 15) would be good for landscapes.
    A flashgun (from about 70) can be useful for portraits if used off camera and bounced, or diffused through a softbox or reflector (from 25).
    Supplementary close up lenses (from about 25) would be useful for macro and close-up photography.
    I hope this helps.

Images

I would say an external flash should be your next buy. You can only do so much with the in built one.