Default Digital Camera with Swivel Screen

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new camera which I can use to take self takes when I'm fishing which has a swivel lcd screen so I can see and check the pictures before putting the fish down etc.

Also can some recomend a couple of cameras that have a remote control for taking this type of pictures, if there is a cmaera out there that has the swivel screen and a remote that would be perfect.

Thanks to all in advance,

Charlie

Are you looking for a DSLR or a compact camera? Is this your sole requirement or do you need other features such as a big zoom? Do you want the camera to be small enough to fit in a pocket? How much do you want to spend?

You don't necessarily need a swivel screen, you could also consider the http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/serie.../75/st550.html, which have a second LCD screen on the front - if that's the kind of camera you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post
    Are you looking for a DSLR or a compact camera? Is this your sole requirement or do you need other features such as a big zoom? Do you want the camera to be small enough to fit in a pocket? How much do you want to spend?

You don't necessarily need a swivel screen, you could also consider the http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/serie.../75/st550.html, which have a second LCD screen on the front - if that's the kind of camera you're after.
    Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply, the Samsung looks good and is within my £200 - £250 maximum budget (it is only for fishing after all!)

If you can suggest any other models, not too bothered on the make just need to be able to see what the picture is like before I put the fish down and return it, hence the possible swivel screen. If you can imagine that you have caught a 30lb fish and you are on a lake on your own, to continuosly pick up the fish, take a photo, put the fish down, check the camera and then pssibly have to do that 3-4 times to get 1 decent photo will quickly become annoying and also is not good for the fish.

Also are you able to buy a remote control that is compatible with most camera whether they are SLR or compact style? If yes could you also recommend a few of these too,

Many thanks in advance
    Charlie

It seems that swivel LCD screen have been quietly disappearing from compacts in your price range and I canít find anything that has one close to your budget. Some of the chunkier bridge type cameras such as the Nikon P90 and Sony HX1 have them but tend to start at around the £300 mark. If you're looking for something pocket-friendly I'd get the Samsung.

As for remotes, quite a few cameras come with these though we don't tend to list this in our specs (perhaps we should). An alternative is to set the self timer.

Default More Dual LCD Screen Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post

There are newer models from Samsung that has two LCD screens on the front and back. You may check, if interested, Samsung PL150/PL100 and ST600/ST100. BTW, Samsung EX1 has a swivel screen. I think EX1 would be the best P&S camera among Samsung digital cameras that works like a professional camera and P&S camera.

Images

A little out side your budget but I would look at the canon G11 now that they have announced the G12