Hybrid View

Smile newbie advice once again :)

Hello everyone

I do apologise for once again another newbie post, i have tried looking through other threads to try and find what im looking for but just can't!

Basically i am looking to buy my first DSLR, i have played with a few just from friends and college! and now deciding im wanting to take my interest further, but dilema is what camera for what i want/need and according to my budget.

I'm particulary interested in the more action sports side of things but also do enjoy wildlife and general use, for e.g snowboarding, skateboarding etc etc, so as far as i have gone in knowing what i need is a fairly good fps but i also want a camera that will be good for upto intermediate use (with added lenses etc etc) just because i am one to want the best model possible but cant simply afford, i would prefer nikon and canon and i have played with sony and pentex etc but i prefer these two brands personally. If anyone could reccomend me a few cameras to look at test etc that would be great im looking at around 400 mark thats with the 18-55 lense and as time goes on i shall progress with more equitment.

Any little bit of help is much appreciated
    Thanks for looking

Frapachino

Images

Hi for the price you want to pay you are looking at canon 1000d 450d maybe just over then nikon d5000 just over again. I would say for sport out side you will need a long zoom say 75-300 if its in doors then the price of the lens will go up as you will need one with f stop of 2.8. again the same lens will be ok for wild life. to be honest an 18-55 lens will not cover the type of work you want to do

Thanks, I understand that the kit lens is not going to really cover what I Want to use! And I think 450d is probably going to be the choice as I don't think the d5000 is worth paying extra for HD vid
    I don't even want. And 1000d not to sure about. As time
    Comes lenses filters etc shall be purchased I just want a good base thanks for info

Could i suggest either a Pentax K-X or a Sony Alpha, as those bodies are reasonably cheap and have built in image stabalisation therefor you dont need to fork out extra cash for is lenses. A Pentax K-X with twin lens kit (18-55 and 55-300) can be had on the internet for around 499.

Good Luck

Drew