Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which entry level DSLR

Hi, I am soon going to purchase an entry level dslr. Which can you recommend for good picture quality and ease of use. Video and live view is not necessary but would be nice. I would like one with a kit lens for less that 400. Any ideas? Thanks

Default Entry Level DSLR

Hi Ranny,

I too am looking for an entry level DSLR. I have put a post on the forum looking for some advice in choosing, but I'm lead to believe the two best entry level are Nikon 3000D which doesn't have live view or do videos, and the Canon EOS 1000D which had live view but I'm not sure if it does video.

In the forum there's a thread titled Top 5. Entry level DSLR. check that out.

Hope this helps.

Drew

Images

Smile

hi always difficult to recommend can we have some detail on what you like to shoot and what you camera you are going from.

Hi, I am going to take pictures of wildlife, scenery and people but to be honest, because this eill be my first dslr, i dont really know.... just something that takes good quality shots!
    Thanks

Images

Smile

Hi from your reply I would start looking at setting yourself a budget because you may find that you can afford something else other than the entry level thats been posted. New models have been released so current models will be cheaper. for wild life you wil need a longer lens as well so this will have to be budgeted for too.
    I think get a short list and go and do the touchy feely thing with them and see what is comfortable for you then you. its important that it feels right. best of luck

Smile Nikon D5000

Hi all, I'm new to the use of a DSLR Camera, I spent quite a few months deciding what camera to buy and I finally bought the http://www.nikond5000review.com/. I have to say that it is a fantastic camera which is easy to use and produces excellent images.

Perfect for your first DSLR.

Sean.

What about the newer D3100?

There's a whole new generation of DSLRs coming out about now and we've just started getting review samples. The Nikon D3100 looks promising but you won't get that for 400. Likewise the D5000.
    If you want Live View and Video then the best choice would be the Pentax K-x which is the only camera http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-...-lens/p1033548 with both.
    If you're not fussed about those features the Nikon D3000 is a good camera, especially for beginners, and a fair bit cheaper.

Images

Default 3100

After much research I have just ordered the Nikon 3100 which does seem to trounce the d3000 with live view and 1080p HD movie facility. It also seems to give the 5000 a run for money as well.

Picking it up this Thursday.

Either you bust your original budget or you found a serious bargain!