Default High Speed Memory card

Hi guys,

I've recently bought the Song Cybershot DSC-WX1 which takes Memory Stick Duo cards, as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo.

Now I don't know a great deal about digital camera memory cards but I think I'd like one in the range for 4-7GB. But the main thing I'm after is a high speed cards so when I use the burst mode it doesn't slow down or anything like that.

So I was wondering would it be good for a Sony card that fits this or something like a Scandisk? Recommendations are very very welcome!

Thanks in advance peeps

Images

Thanks for your reply!

I think I'd go for the Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo - 8GB

Would I be right in thinking this is 20MB/S in speed? Think I can get one for about 20 by Sony.

Not sure if ScanDisk do one thats the same but cheaper? I was able to find one that was 30MB/s (http://uk.sandisk.com/Products/Item%...SPDHG_8GB.aspx) But it looks way too expensive.

As I'm really using this for burstmode, will the Sony one be good enough at 20MB/s or will I really need to get one thats 30MB/s?

Thanks again!

A thing to remember with larger cards, if it accidentally gets wiped then youve lost A LOT of photos, but if you have a few 2gb cards, if one gets wiped then youve still got lots of photos in tact

Images

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    A thing to remember with larger cards, if it accidentally gets wiped then youve lost A LOT of photos, but if you have a few 2gb cards, if one gets wiped then youve still got lots of photos in tact
    Nope. If one gets wiped, recovery software gets the pics back. If you've lots of cards, though, the risk of losing one is much greater, and there's no way of getting pics back from a lost card .

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah probably don't need a big memory card like that - like you say I had ending up with loads and its good to keep on top of. I was thinking more for hi-res images and video.

So do you think the Sony card will be sufficient (I think it said it was 20MB/s) or should I be aiming for a higher speed card still and of so what?

Thanks again!