Default Buying on alimited budget

Hi,

I am starting to re-kindle my interest in photography, I used to work with a Canon A1 but with 35mm film becoming harder to get hold of, lost interest.

The last few yeasr I have been using a point and shoot for normal day to day stuff, but now want to upgrade to a DSLR to allow me to do more than I have been.

I have a very limited budget probably no more than 250 at a big a push ideally 200, so know anything I get will be second hand, but need some advice as to what I should be looking at. I know Canon are genrally more expensive than other manufactuers so also expect to change brands.

Any help would be graetly appricaited.

Thanks

Andy

Images

Smile

Hi and welcome had a quick look around at used and refurbs on the net and there are places out there but looking at the prices you not saving a great deal.
    I bought a 550d a few months ago, really pleased with it, and like you I have come back to DSLRs from having film 35mm and going away from it and using p&s cameras. My advice would be think what you would want then look for a good deal I know Canon do cash back deals I used that to get my 550d. Photokina is next month so if there are new models announced then the old ones will take a price drop good time to buy. Good luck

If you want sometihng better than a P&S camera, and you are used to SLRs, then you don't need to spend a fortune on the latest technology. Almost any DSLR will give you more satisfaction than a P&S!

My first DSLR ( moving on from an EOS 600) was a Canon 350D and I have made plenty of nice A3+ prints from it. This generation is around in the secondhand market now for the kind of money you are talking about. If you buy into a system like Canon you can expand as your budget allows. Take the first step - you'll be glad you did it.

Roger

Images

Cool reply to buying on a budget

Hi there, check the magazines for used gear sales, or e.bay. I beleive you could get a digital cannon 350d for that money plus lens. shoots 3fps and goes to iso 1600, which should be ok for what you need at this stage I shoot with it myself so check my images to see if you would be happy with 350d hope this helps stevebarry.

Must admit that the canon 350D is looking very attractive but am struggling to find any reviews, but I also keep coming across the Pentax k-m, which seems to be a popular choice as well, any views would be appricaited.

Thanks

Andy