Thread: Help Please

Question Help Please

I have been offered a Nikon D40x camera in excellent condition. It has the original manuals, camera bag, 2 2GB memory cards and 2 lenses - Nikon 55-200MM F4.5 - 5.6 AF - S VR DX and Nikon AF - S DX Zoom - Nikkon 18.55mmf/3.5 - 5.6 ED 11. Both have UV filters on the end. 10.2pixels. Is 380 a good price for this kit?
    Val B

Images

Default buying

Hi Val. It is a very difficult thing to say buy the camera. If someone says buy it a good bargain and you buy it it may be a load of rubbish. I don't know the history of the camera or lenses so I can't comment. How old is it?
    Nikon on the whole are a good camera. If it's your first camera as they say go for it.
    Don't shoot the messager :0

If it is all in good condition, for what you are geting I would say 'Yes' it is a very good deal.

if possible, test it & if it feels good then go for it.

Images

Default s/hand purchase

Try it out if possible, nikons are pretty hard wearing unless they have abused, you can also find out how many shutter actuations it`s done by using a piece of software called "IExif".
    All you need is an jpeg image taken with the camera.

hope this helps.

good luck.

Images

Default Buying nikon

Hello i have been buying nikon cameras since 1970. D40x is ok, i would check the no of shots taken with it it is easy to do with photoshop, also it is a little expensive. If you log on to london camera exchange, and check their prices ,remember that if you purchased from l.ce. You wold have 6mths warranty. I have no vested interest in l.c.ex. But have purchase a no of nikon from them, nd allways been satisfied, all best barri

Images

Hi .I agree with bas .It is a good camera but over priced. If you look on gumtree you will find them cheaper..graham

Hi Val. May I suggest you look at the ads in any of the better photography magazines where you should see what prices the D40x are selling for, also look out for lens sales and how much they are going for. I always use this method and find it gives me good information. Companies like Park Cameras have a good second hand site on their web and you'll get a price quickly. Other firms do likewise and have used gear for sale, just go online and you'll find out what you want easily enough. Good luck.