Default Advice on half decent macro and whether to pick compact or SLR for newbie!

Hi

I am really new to photography and this forum so apologies if I have repeated a question that has alreedy been asked (I did search but couldnt what I was looking for!)

I am looking buy a new digital camera. I dont whether I should get a compact or digital SLR. I donít mond a bulkier camera I am more bothered about quality really. I am a beginner but would like to explore photography a lot more... I dont mind getting a second hand older model and am looking for something quite simple but takes good quality photos, not so bothered about loads of fancy settings with effects and

I am really interested in macro photography too, I am ideally looking for a camera than do okay macro photography and also I can use for taking photos of family and friends, and also headshots for my hair extensions business.

My budget is 150 Ė 200 pounds, not a lot I know, but was wondering if anyone knew a good model for macro and everyday shooting that they could recommend, and advise whether I would be better off with compact or SLR.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice, as I said I am a total beginner so do apologise if I have repeated myself!

Images

Default macro lens

A good macro lens will cost about £400 . Then you will need a dslr body to fit it You would be better getting a bridge camera

Default What Camera

I agree that a Bridge Camera is your best bet. A good all rounder, including macro down to 1mm, is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38. It's only slightly over your budget, but looks worth stretching for. Check out specs, rating and a link to comprehensive review at http://www.bridgecamera.org.uk/panas...-bridge-camera