Hybrid View

Default Canon Eos 1000d or Nikon 3000d

Please help I'm buying my first DSLR this week, price is a factor which is why I'm buying either the canon or nikon base level product. I had read numerous profffessional reviews and still have not made up my mind. The only thing that is dwelling slightly on my mind is that in a couple of professional and consumer reviews the Nikon does not perform well in low light applications.

Any advice would be very welcome

Oh one thing to mention I will be using the camera for landscape pictures in the majority.

Thanks in advance

Scott from Devon

Images

Not much between either camera you need to go look at them see how they feel to hold and use.
    Concider also sony alpha 230 and the olympus e520

Images

Hi Scott, I have just bought my first DSLR, Canon EOS 450D. Had looked at the cheaper 1000D but told the camera was a cut down version of the 450D and actually built in a different country, most cameras I believe are built in Japan, but not the 1000D(possibly Korea, but dont quote me!) Cheaper body as well. But with your choice I guess the Nikon.

Images

As far as I'm aware, Canon don't make DSLRs anywhere but Japan. Nikon do - the D3000 is made in Thailand, I believe - but it really doesn't matter where they're made.

To the OP - try them out for yourself, see which you like best - you'll take better and more pictures with a camera you like using.

Default Thank you all

Guys thanks for your advice, very helpful.

I have decided to go woth the Nikon mostly due to the Canon not coming with a Vibration Reduction built into the lens.

I would have had to spend another 50 apparenlty.

Although when handling and using the 2 different cameras I justfelt more comfortable with the Nikon thanks NRoberts & Wave