Hybrid View

Default Compact with a good continuous shooting mode (Cybershot W380?)

As the title suggests I'm looking for a new compact with a good continuous shooting mode if possible. I know I'm not going to get what I would with a dslr but I'd like to see what I can get.

For a camera I was looking at the Sony Cybershot W380 (I was looking at the Pentax Optio H90 as well but I think I'll leave that now - not sure about its continuous shot mode though).

When I tried the W380 in the shop it took around 4 shots at a decent speed and then slowed right now. Apparently this can be improved by having a high speed memory card in? Like I say I know I'm not going to get anywhere near a dslr but it would be good if it could go for a few seconds at least. - Not sure what the H90 would be like for this.

Thanks and I await your help if anyone can or if anyone has tried this on a W380 too?

Cheers,
    Ste

Images

What sort of budget do you have? There's a few of the Casio models which have that functionality, such as the http://whatdigitalcamera.co.uk/equip...00-review.html. It does cost around the 250 mark, but has a higher burst rate.

I haven't given budget a lot of though, I'd like to get the camera I want and although I do want it now I can wait a bit and keep a look out for certain models and see what I can pick them up for.

The other camera i was looking at was the Optio H90 by Pentax or the m90.

M90 does "High-speed continuous shooting mode to record 16 images (fixed resolution: 640 x 480 pixels) in approx. two seconds"

http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/group/5/p...o_Cameras.html

^^ Don't know if that means it'll only do 16 shots in 2 seconds and thats it.

H90 is "One shot, Self-timer (2 or 10 sec), Continuous shooting (2.9 fps), High Speed Continuous shooting (5.9 fps at ISO 3200/6400 setting), Burst shooting"

I know these are two cheaper cameras but I just wondered about them, I guess they're not going to be great?

I hear the W380 is a good camera (from the review on here) I do like the idea of the panorama feature but I do stitch a lot together in photoshop already so I don't know if it'll be a bit of a novelty for me?