Default Any good retailers?

I was looking to invest in a new DSLR, but just had a dreadful service experience with Jessops, which has made me question where to buy.

I had a Canon compact develop an obscure fault after 15 months - it now forgets the time and date every time it's switched off. Rather than repair it, Jessops tried to charge me nearly the cost of the camera for a repair, claiming it might be down to wear and tear (any inventive ideas for how to cause this welcomed?).

So I wouldn't buy even a memory card from Jessops in the future. But are all the retailers as bad as each other or has anyone had any good after sales service?

Rob

Images

What type of warrenty did you get with it. time and date sound like the internal battery going to me have you gone to canon and asked how much they charge.

Thumbs up Canon eos 1000d

Hai Buddy,
    I have got a suggestion for you, I was on a big confusion on getting the best DSLR in market. Finally I bought a new CANON EOS 1000D DIGITAL SLR last month for $ 989.00. Its simply awesome to use it .Since it has got 7-point AF for ultra sharp images with 18-55mm Lens kit the photos a very clear. I suggest you to buy this. I suggest you the retailer http://www.pharmacyexpress.co.nz. Hope this was informative that u are looking for

Thank u
    Last edited by tomparkermm; 23-07-10 at 09:28 AM.