Thread: Olympus E-p2

Hybrid View

Default Olympus E-p2

I am planning to buy an Olympus E-P2 but am unsure whether to purchase it incase Olympus bring out a newer body. I emailed Olympus today and they said they don't know of a newer camera being released but they only get told a month in advance, and every time I try to research it on the internet I can only find information about the E-PL1. I don't mind waiting but only if i know there is one coming out soonish as I don't want to buy it and find out the new one gets released the next week or the price goes down on the E-P2.
    Does anyone have any information or anything to recommend?
    Thanks
    Ross

There are a LOT of people around who would dearly love to know the answer to your question. Personally I would be very surprised if Oly did not release at least two (possibly three) new cameras this autumn, one of those will almost certainly be the E3 successor but apart from that there are absolutely no firm facts.

All we do know is that the oldest PEN (E-P1) suddenly came down in price and is now a bargain - I bought one myself even though I did not really need it as it is such a bargain. The price of the P2 seems to be holding firm so probably / possibly that one is not yet due for upgrade.

I do not think that you will get anyone to tell you more than that, so you will have to toss a coin to decide about the P2

I appreciate that that is little help - sorry

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RogerMac View Post
    All we do know is that the oldest PEN (E-P1) suddenly came down in price and is now a bargain - I bought one myself even though I did not really need it as it is such a bargain. The price of the P2 seems to be holding firm so probably / possibly that one is not yet due for upgrade.
    I've just bought an E-PL1 body for 280 but I do actually need it because of the in-body stabilisation (now I have two of them) but I did buy a Pana G2 body at a camera fair a fortnight ago for 280 because it was such a bargain. Is this a mental disorder|?

Default Great Camera Great featres

Continuous shooting speed is acceptable, with the E-P2 taking 17 shots (JPEG) before any noticeable slow down, and managed 2.8 frames per second. In RAW, it took nine shots before any noticeable slow down, but the processing time after shooting was considerably higher.
    Great Camera.. I have that one and recommend to all of my known persons. Ebay the best way to purchase Olympus

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums

Images

I would get a second hand GF1 I recently upgraded from the EPL-1 as my walkabout camera and am loving it.

FYI my main body is the Nikon D7000.

Quote Originally Posted by rossframe View Post
    I am planning to buy an Olympus E-P2 but am unsure whether to purchase it incase Olympus bring out a newer body. I emailed Olympus today and they said they don't know of a newer camera being released but they only get told a month in advance, and every time I try to research it on the internet I can only find information about the E-PL1. I don't mind waiting but only if i know there is one coming out soonish as I don't want to buy it and find out the new one gets released the next week or the price goes down on the E-P2.
    Does anyone have any information or anything to recommend?
    Thanks
    Ross

Images

We've just posted a review of the brand new E-P3, which makes a number of improvements over the E-P2; http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...p3-review.html