Thread: Samsung ST500?

Hybrid View

Default Samsung ST500?

I don't understand why people are so into Samsung ST500 in these days.
    I just read the article from 'BusinessWeek' that they choose ST500 as their 20 best products of 2009. Well, I agree with it's innovative product, but the basic functions and qualities are not that great compare to other brands' cameras - in my opinion.
    What do you think?
    Do you think ST500 is worth to be in the list of '20 best products of 2009'?

Quote Originally Posted by speechless View Post
    I don't understand why people are so into Samsung ST500 in these days.
    I just read the article from 'BusinessWeek' that they choose ST500 as their 20 best products of 2009. Well, I agree with it's innovative product, but the basic functions and qualities are not that great compare to other brands' cameras - in my opinion.
    What do you think?
    Do you think ST500 is worth to be in the list of '20 best products of 2009'?
    I think it's one of the best products I've seen over the year. A real step up for Samsung. Not only because of the innovative implementation of the dual screen, but the fact it looks great, works well and has some great features. It's main drawback is a poor battery life and, to be picky, an absurdly short mains cable. Otherwise smiles all round from me.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
    I think it's one of the best products I've seen over the year. A real step up for Samsung. Not only because of the innovative implementation of the dual screen, but the fact it looks great, works well and has some great features. It's main drawback is a poor battery life and, to be picky, an absurdly short mains cable. Otherwise smiles all round from me.
    I agree with Mike. But I don't think the battery life is a major issue because ST550 has 3.5" LCD and 1.5" LCD which consume more ampere. Since ST550 uses a 720m battery, the battery life is fine with me using ST550.