Images

Default New to Photography

I am new to photography, even though I am 59 years of age. My passion for growing flowers and vegetables and entering them into competitions has lead me into photography. I wanted to take shots of my garden and also close ups of plants and insects. I am very much a beginner and still learning how to use my DSLR.

Images

Smile

hi Suelen. Welcome to the forum

hi suelen

welcome after reading your post i dont think it matter what age we are at taken photos i hope im still doing this when im 90 if i live that long ha ha as long as you injoy it thats all that matters suelen and im sure you will soon get to grips with your dsrl

Default Well done and good luck

Welcome to the best hobby one can imagine. My father was a keen photographer and I was given a Box Brownie when I was little. I have not looked back and, although I am not going to make any serious photographers lose any sleep, I get the greatest of pleasure from being creative. I have been a cabinet maker and the world's worst guitar player and now write full time but photography keeps me excited. Your garden will give you a great supply of subjects. Make sure you can shoot macro.

Images

Welcome you find useful to join a local photo club in your area. I know ours does lots to help beginners. Good Luck

Images

Welcome to the wonderful world of photography! The best hobby in the world.