Default Do I replace or do I keep my bridge camera

Hi,

I have a Fuji S7000 that I purchased around 5 years ago from Singapore. I was thinking it's getting old now and was looking at a replacement. It's in full working order but is looking tired and will no doubt let me down one day so I thought do I do it while I have time on my hands. Having said that it's been a very good camera and has never missed a beat

It has a 19x zoom and is 6mp with two memory card slots (CF and XD) of which I have collected a few over the last 5 years.

Do I replace it or not? And what with? another bridge or DSLR?

I have looked through the June mag and the "techie" stuff out there is overwhelming.

The fight club shows two bridge cameras that look good but has the zoom only moved on 1x since mine was made. I know the new Fuji is 30x but not sure about the build quality.

I have a budget of around 400 to 500 but don't want to spend it on a camera that doesn't give me much more than what I have already.

I mainly take Family pictures, holidays and do enjoy landscapes and night shots. I still have 2 35mm bodies and all the lenses but was put on the back seat when the Fuji came along.

Look forward to you replies

Images

Thumbs up To renew bridge camera that silver has

the finepixs100fs the finepixs200exr and the finepixhs10 have improved in leaps and bounds since yours but heres a site for you to check out
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Fin.../ref=de_a_smtd
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Fin...lectronics&qid
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Fin...ronics&qid=127

hope that helps

Images

Smile

hi went through the same thing good prosumer 3 going on 4 years old what to do next main contenders dslr e620 or a 500d. then canon brought out the g11 so back to research and the g11 was tempting i must admit but then the 550d came along nd for me that made my mind up so now proud owner 550d and no regrets. keeping the prosumer as well as i can still find uses for it.
    hope this helps

Images

Hi Silver

What 35mm cameras do you have? I was just wondering because I had an old Minolta AF camera with lenses and I bought a Sony DSLR so that I could still use them. It saved me a fortune on lenses and you might find that your lenses fit one of the modern DSLR bodies, if you're considering one. Just a thought

Take care, Debi

Hi

Thanks for the info, I will continue with the research. Debi, Thought about that but They are a Praktica B, good Carl ziess lenses but I was advised when I purchased the Fuji 5 years ago of "don't bother" So I didn't.