Hybrid View

Images

Lightbulb Wedding Photgraphy

With the inclusion of a wedding feature in last months WDC magazine I feel compelled to find out more as its an area I would be interested in doing in the future.
    Are there any wedding togs on here with some good pointers or advice on top of the wedding article to help people like myself get started.
    Thanks

Images

My only advice for doing weddings would be;

Don't be afraid to shout at the group if they're not getting organised quick enough

Pack as many spare cards and batteries as possible

Write up a shotlist and run it past the bride pre-wedding

Always do a reccy of the location before turning up if you can

I'm sure some full time pros have got some more tips though....

Images

Thanks for the info Matt
    Just been to the library to get some books on it but it had a puny photographic section so came away empty handed.
    Not even any on portraiture or lighting
    Oh well back to trawling the net

Images

I used to do weddings every weekend a long time ago. my advice is, remember its the bride and grooms day talk to them and see what they need. there is always a special shot or two that they want. you only get the one chance at this so its has to be right if you take to long then the guests start to wander off so some of the groups will be wrong. also think of what you will do if the weather is bad and you need to shot indoors. as for equipment then you will need a spare body to add to the list from above and i would use both on the shoot to cover any fault that may occur that you cant see at the time

Images

Then there's talkin to the vicar to find out what is and isn't allowed. Talking to the reception venue people to see if there's any restrictions there

And don't forget sourcing:
    - a good print lab
    - suppliers of albums
    - suppliers of frames

And add the time for editing/sorting the photographs you have taken and all the hassles of getting people to order what photos they want within three/six/nine months of the wedding.

I spent a lot of time doing weddings. Don't do them any more due to the stress and hassles.
    Fen .......... My http://www.fenris.co.uk/galleries.htm - My http://fen-oswin.blogspot.com/ - My http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenoswin/sets/

"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Images

Thanks Wave and Fen some really good advise.
    Any more specifics on the stress and hassles ?
    Is it a good or bad thing to just offer the photos on cd?
    Thanks