Default What is the difference?

Is there a serious difference between the Panasonic TZ10 and the TZ7? I noticed that the TZ10 has been given an award from cnet.com. If not I'll just get the TZ7 as it's considerably cheaper.

Notably the TZ10 has a viewfinder, which many people like, but it's use in comparison the that of a DSLRs viewfinder is limited.
    To my understanding the TZ10 has HD video, and a higher resolution as well

Both cameras are fantastic and have handy zooms with stabilisation.

So it's a matter of extra cost for TZ10 for increased features.

It's either TZ7/TZ10 or the Sony DSCW380B Cyber-shot, both seem to be getting quite good reviews everywhere, do you have a personal preference?

All of them are good cameras.
    I suggest you go to a camera store and feel each camera, see what feels nicer.
    I have me a DSLR, and i prfer it to any compact I have owned.

I have heard rave revies about the panasonics
    But as I say, it's up to how you like each one. Nothing worse than not liking the feel of the camera. So yeah, go to a acamera store and get a feel of each is the best advice i can give.

Sorry but I'm unused to buying cameras in stores (I usually get them from amazon.) What sort of store would I have to find to see these cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by LoremIpsum3236 View Post
    Sorry but I'm unused to buying cameras in stores (I usually get them from amazon.) What sort of store would I have to find to see these cameras?
    Well do you have a local Jessops or camera retailer.
    Any electrical store that sells them also.... easier in a dedicated photography shop.
    Note that you can still buy the camera online, although supporting local business is good, although i prefer online like yourself