Thread: wide angle

Images

Default wide angle

can anyone help me .I am looking to buy ether a sigma 10-20 wide angle or a tamron 10-24 wide angle. Does any one know what the best lens is.I use a nikon d60 & a nikon 5000

I had exactly the same dilema.
    I chose the sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6and I love it!!! are you talking about the f3.5?
    Very sharp and works very well with my D40.
    I however cannot acount for the tamron.

I'll go through the pros and cons of the sigma

Pros:
    Sharp
    Versitle (i use for architecture and landscapes)
    Very well built
    Fast, smooth AF

Cons:
    I'm not sure which F stop model you are talking about, but neither will be a great lens for low light uless used with a tripod, which i haighly recommend
    Sigma are known to produce 'duff' lenses as their quality control is a little off, but test the lens and its sharpness and if less than satisfactory they replace them no hassle I have herd.

Images

I have the Sigma 10-20 and absolutely love it, its a cracking lens.
    Also the Tamron gets rated very highly in reviews so im sure you will be very happy whichever lens you decide to go for

I too have the Sigma 10-20mm and it's excellent. In our http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...ns-review.html our lens tester gave it a Gold Award (92% score) and questioned why Sigma felt the need to bring out another, fixed aperture version (the 10-20mm f/3.5) as the f/4-5.6 one is so good.
    (The f/3.5 version has since come out and been tested and achieved one of our highest ever lens test scores, 95%, which I guess answered that question!)
    The Tamron 10-24mm has a longer zoom range but, although a decent lens, is not a match for the Sigma. See our http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...if-review.html.

Images

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    I had exactly the same dilema.
    I chose the sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6and I love it!!! are you talking about the f3.5?
    Very sharp and works very well with my D40.
    I however cannot acount for the tamron.

I'll go through the pros and cons of the sigma

Pros:
    Sharp
    Versitle (i use for architecture and landscapes)
    Very well built
    Fast, smooth AF

Cons:
    I'm not sure which F stop model you are talking about, but neither will be a great lens for low light uless used with a tripod, which i haighly recommend
    Sigma are known to produce 'duff' lenses as their quality control is a little off, but test the lens and its sharpness and if less than satisfactory they replace them no hassle I have herd.
    Thanks for your help .I was swaying to the sigma 3.5 rather than the tamron

Images

Smile

Thanks for every ones help i have just ordered the sigma 3.5

Images

Dont forget to post the pictures with your new toy when it arrives

fantastic, wait until u put it onto your camera for the first time, amazing.
    You'll have such fun with it!