Hybrid View

Default Which canon camera?

hi,

I am after a new camera (not a dslr).

Can you advise me on which are the best canon cameras that you can get at the mo, no budget as such.

thank you

Images

(Post demerged - Moderator)

Why a Canon? Why not a DSLR? And what do you mean by "best"?

It's probably fair to say that the G11 is pretty much the best compact on the market, and the S90 the best pocketable compact, but they might not suit your precise needs - so can you be a bit more specific about what sort of photography you do?

Images

I'd have to agree with the previous poster in asking for a few more parameters on that front. Most to of the more expensive models will offer manual controls and longer zooms, but if you aren't going to need tham there's no point in spending the extra money.

What do you require of the camera in terms of control, size, zoom and image quality? There's plenty to recommend within Canon, but the likes of Panasonic, Sony and Fuji make some equally excellent models in certain areas of the market.

My personal favourite of the current Canon compact range is the PowerShot G11, as it has full manual controls, a sturdy frame and excellent optical quality.