Hybrid View

Question Newbie - Query and Suggestion.

Hi Folks,

I am new here and have a liitle query.

I uploaded some pics ( a bit late in the day - I know ) for the Power of Light Competition and have noticed that some of them have been given a rating of 1 Star - Bad/Terrible I can't quite remember.
    I don't have a problem with this at all but was just wondering how it works as It seems to be I can rate my own picture too is that right?.
    Also, is there anyway of finding out who rated your picture so you can get some feedback if they choose not to leave a comment.

My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere in the forum, or I am just coming across as a bit stupid - but I would like to know.

Thanks In Advance Peeps .

Image rating is accumulative and anyone can rate an image, including the user who uploaded it. However, it can only be rated once per user.

All image rating is anonymous.

Images

Dont forget image rating is personal opinion and doesnt mean a picture is good or bad.
    What one person thinks is good another might think its rubbish.
    Also as its anonymous some people downgrade an image for no reason especially if there isnt a comment on why they have done it.

i notice if you select "view others rating" in the drop down box it shows who rated it. is that correct.
    I am also new to it all. Seems quite common for people to rate their own images and it does seem to get more views to your image.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatControlleR View Post
    All image rating is anonymous.
    Correction: Image rating is NOT anonymous!

My apologies.
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Thanks All.

Good to know - although seems a little unfair to be able to rate your own images and I would not like to think that there are people out there who would rate an image badly just because they could.

But hey thats life .