Question Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W380

Hi all, I recently bought the new Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W380 14.1mp as I wanted a better camera than what I had. My last camera was the old Sony Cyber Shot DSC-P200 7.2mp.

When taking the same photo I compared both pictures when put onto my desktop and surprisingly the better quality photo seems to be from the old camera by a good bit.
    The colours seem a lot better and it looks a lot sharper.

Surely the newer model with the 14.1mp should be of better quality.

I do not have a memory card for my new camera, I'm just using the camera's memory which is not much, could this affect the quality of the picture and would it improve if I bought a memory card ?

I'm seriously thinking of returning it as my old one seems better quality.
    I only want it for good quality family photo's.

I'd appreciate any help from all you camera experts out there as I'm fairly new to them.

Thanks

Scott

Question

I take it no one can give me any advice then ?

Images

purchasing a memory card won't affect your cameras image quality, so it may be a fault with the camera or simply that the images aren't up to your previous cameras standards. Do you have any images to post up for us to take a look at?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    purchasing a memory card won't affect your cameras image quality, so it may be a fault with the camera or simply that the images aren't up to your previous cameras standards. Do you have any images to post up for us to take a look at?
    Hi Matt, thanks very much for your response.

I do have the exact same photo from the two different camera's for you to look at.

Can you tell me where to put them on and I'll do it for you ?